Finals came to an end right on my birthday and I was ready to get out of town for a long weekend.
3/22
Terri-Ann and I hit the road mid afternoon and made our way to the coast, entering Tillimook (of course stopping at the cheese factory) and then drove down hwy 101. T-money, it was so great to have that one on one time with you. Love you much! We check into Overleaf Village around 7ish. And thanks to Terri-Ann she talked the front desk into letting us use the spa and soaking tub for free, that evening. Renee being the classy woman she is surprised me with a balloon and flower bouquet waiting at the house upon arrival. Thanks Nee for bringing all the perfect little touches to the weekend ;)
3/23
Before the rest of the crew showed up later that day, Terri-Ann and I checked out the small town of Yachats and went for a hunt to find Thor's Well... however unsuccessful in our first attempt we enjoyed our time spent on the rocks.
Later that afternoon Renee showed up and we went out again, I was determined to find this Thor's Well. FOUND IT!!! However it was much smaller than the images online made it seem, I was still stoked.
Making our way to Strawberry Hill Beach, I was in the mood to comb the shores some more. I found one good size agate and then we geeked out over some sea lions that I truly can't believe we were that close to.
We made our way back to the house where Renee and Terri-Ann whipped up an amazing taco soup for dinner, fitting with a bottle of wine "3 girls". I decided we had to stuff this bottle with messages and send it out to sea. Dance party and dinner as we waited for Lori and Joni to show.
Yay! Lori and Joni arrive and we catch them up with dinner and messages for the bottle too. In the dark of night we made our way down to the shore and Lori and I got as close as we "safely" could to chuck the bottle out into the Ocean.
Thanks Love.
3/24
What better way to start the day than a 4.5 mile hike up and around Cape Perpetua.
Made it back to relax some more before my loving folks Cindy and Twain showed up to make fresh seafood jambalaya. That's how they do, drive 3.5 hours to make their daughter a birthday dinner, give some loves, and then bounce. Amazing dinner yet again Dad and Mom, thank you for being such wonderful parents.
After dinner Terri-Ann, Renee, and I walked down to the beach to catch the sunset on our last night there. Simply magical.
When the sun goes down... Flounder Inn Tavern is the place to be on a Saturday night in Waldport Oregon. No pics or video... I hope. lol. However, highlights were: Renee, Joni, and Lori singing "When I think about you I touch me myself" and "happy birthday" karaoke style; Lori working the billiards room; some random man serenading me with Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight"; the local's enjoying the heck out of us "city" girls ;); and Lori being dragged out fireman style on departure.
Legit weekend for sure and thank you again ladies for making it one to remember. I love you all so very much.
XO,
Jayme
































SOOOOO FUN!!!!! I am so sad I had to miss out! I am so glad your girlies were there for you. LOVE LOVE LOVE all of the fun pics and the message in the bottle idea ROCKS!!! I also love the part where you geeked out hard core to those sea lions...Totally a Paige Move...haha. Love ya and Happy Birthday to the coolest chick I know.!
ReplyDelete