Wednesday, March 9, 2011

TELEPHONE GAME

One month late or 11 months early.  Either way it was special.

About two weeks ago Jeb and I received our Valentine's from Ella.  They had been sitting at my mom's for a bit and I had been meaning to call her and thank her.  I wanted to let Ella know that it meant a lot and was greatly appreciated.

This is how our conversation went last week:
"Hi Ella, this is auntie Jayme.  I want to thank you for the Valentine's you made for uncle Jeb and I.  I know this is late, just know we love you and thank you".
Ella says "Oh, I love you too. OK".

I heard her excitement from our conversation while handing the phone back Grandma.  Then Mom get's back on the phone and says "Well, I think she miss understood you".  Ella proceeded to tell Mom that I called to let her know how I didn't forget about her.  That I have a Valentine's for her and I am sorry it was late.  You better believe I was getting those girls a Valentine for when I saw them next.  Trust me they remember these things. 

However, where was I going to find a Valentine's card one month after the holiday?... I decided to make one. 

Totally worth the time and little money spent to see them so excited.  Ella already making plans to hang it on her wall when she gets home. Today was our special Valentine's.  I live for moments like these and love those girls to pieces. 

A reminder that acts of love are wonderful all year round. 

No comments:

Post a Comment